As a general rule, if you rope the heels of your sandals, the outsoles wear out or if the shoes that you have just bought are uncomfortable, you tend to get rid of them.
However, in this article, we made a summary of the best tips to fix shoes. You will find tricks that you can do at home as well as professional solutions.
The best tips for repairing
1 – Scratches
In these cases, the first thing you should do is make sure that the course scratch is not only a stain that you can remove easily. If you have already checked and know that it is a scratch for real, you can implement these tricks:
- Gently rubbed an eraser over the scratch until it disappears off the shoe.
- For leather shoes, use shoe Polish to cover the scratch.
- If the shoes are really expensive, don’t take it to a cobbler, go directly to the store where you bought it.
2 – Worn heels
The sidewalks of the city are criminals for the heels. If you see that your heels are wearing too much, try these tricks:
- Alternate your shoes, do not use the same pair all day, so they will last longer over time.
- Ask the cobbler to put a few pieces of silicone on the heels so that it will wear less and in addition prevent damage.
3 – Soles are smooth and slippery
If the sole of your shoes is very worn out and has become smooth, you will probably have issues with it continuously. To fix this:
- Rub the soles of your shoes against a rough surface like sandpaper, a piece of rugged sidewalk, and even with stones to slip less.
- Spray hairspray on the soles of the shoes and allow it to dry. This will make it adhere better to the ground and don’t run the risk of falling.
- If they are expensive shoes, take them to the cobbler to place a rubber outsole which is anti-slip and water-resistant. It will be better than having to buy new shoes.
4 – Shoes are too tight or uncomfortable
It is always better to prevent than to cure, therefore, try to make sure that the shoes you buy are comfortable. If you’ve noticed that they annoy you too late:
- Take it to the cobbler for the finish in the toe box and fit better to your foot.
- If the problem is that you are uncomfortable, you can put in a few templates.