At present, the style of life we lead, the stress that we are under and the workload that we have every day, we don’t have time to take care of.
We spent many hours sitting in front of the computer, standing, or forcing the muscles of the body, which ultimately causes us a lot of muscle and joint pain.
In today’s article, we are going to see nothing more and nothing less than 5 ways of taking care of our body that we do not imply any effort, and that we can do while we are at home or at work.
5 Ways to protect our health by sitting at home or at work
1 – Pain in the lumbar area
In the lower back area is where they form the majority of the protrusions of disc. The spinal bones that house and protect the spinal cord are separated by round discs that act as shock absorbers. When there is too much pressure on this area, they cause discomfort, very serious.
Sitting for long periods of time can, in the long term, to exert sufficient pressure on the lumbar discs to cause chronic pain of the low back.
How to fix lower back pain
- Get up every 30 minutes and stretch your whole body: feet, legs, trunk, arms, neck…
- Do squats every night and exercises to strengthen the abdomen. This will help you to strengthen the muscles to keep the weight of the trunk without the need for forcing the lumbar area.
- It stretches the hamstrings (the muscles that cover the back of the thighs) when you get home.
2 – shoulder Pain
Two of the most common problems to spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer is the accumulation of tension in the back and the shoulder pain. This happens especially when you lean forward.
With time, the natural curve of the spinal bones in this region may change in a way that increases the risk for degenerative arthritis spinal.
For this not to happen:
- Don’t tilt forward while sitting. It is best that you lean back on the backrest of the chair.
- Strengthens the muscles that line the upper part of the back. To do this you can do exercises for rowing.
- Make circles with the arms out for a few minutes.
- Lie down with a pillow or two under your mid-back so that the head and shoulders fall on the bed. Do this for several minutes each night.
3 – Pain in the hands and wrists
If you ache the joints of the hands and wrists:
- Try to keep the keyboard of the computer is inclined towards you as scribes for not exert much pressure on the wrists.
4 – neck Pain
The tension that accumulates in the neck can provoke muscle aches and even migraines.
Use your thumbs to touch the back of the head, right in the area where it begins the top of the neck. You will notice a groove relatively deep on each side. Of these grooves emerge two large nerves, called the suboccipital nerves. The tension in the neck puts pressure on the muscles suboccipital and produces the pain that you can navigate to any part through these nerves.
They can also alter the way in which move the joints of the jaw and cause painful jaw and trouble chewing chronic.
To reduce neck pain:
- If you have to type on the keyboard while you look at a sheet of paper, invest in a document holder that can be placed right beside the monitor so that your neck does not have to rotate so much and so many times.
- Place the screen of the computer to the height of your eyes so you don’t have to strain your neck up or down.
- If you have to spend long periods of time reading printed documents, purchase a support that allows you to hold it to the height of your eyes. This way you will not have to bend your neck forward to read and ejercerás less pressure on him.
- Stretches the muscles of that area for a couple of minutes every hour.
- Strengthens the muscles in the neck and back to hold the head without making much effort.
5 – Problems of vista
Hundreds of millions of people around the world spend so many hours a day in front of electronic screens that your vision has been affected to a great extent. The eye problems can cause:
- Blurred vision
- Eye fatigue
- Dry eyes
- Irritated eyes
- Hypersensitivity to light
To protect your sight:
- Take a rest every 20 or 30 minutes, looks away from the monitor and look away for a minute
- Make sure you blink. When we are too focused on the screen, we forget to blink and we dry out the eyes. If it is necessary to put on a note on the screen to remind you that you blink more often.
- Place the screen about 50 or 60 centimeters away from the eyes.
- Expands the text so that you need not strain your eyes to read it.
- If you use goggles of view, is that the crystals have a special filter that protects you against the screens.
- Do exercises with the eyes for a couple of minutes every two hours. You can see a few in this video.
If your pain is very strong, the best thing to do is to go to the specialist doctor to study your case and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Can you put this advice into practice? It let us know in the comments!
Share this interesting article with all your friends!
Source: Dr. Ben Kim