OMG! The son of Mia Farrow, Moses Farrow has defended his father Woody Allen and has accused the actress of being abusive and mistreating the children. What? SHOCK!
Moses Farrow is one of the adopted children of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, the man is standing up for his father and says his mother Mia was abusive in the home, not his father. He also denies that the Allen has sexually abused his sister Dylan.
Moses Farrow took to his personal blog this Wednesday, May 23, to tell his side of the story in a post entitled, A son speaking):
“I’m a private person and I’m not interested in all the public attention. But since the attacks are incredibly inaccurate and misleading against my father, Woody Allen, I feel that I can no longer remain in silence while he continues to be condemned for a crime he did not commit.”
“I was present at everything that happened in our house before, during, and after the supposed event. Now that public hysteria since the beginning of the year have calmed down a bit and I have a little bit of hope that the truth may have a fair hearing, I want to share my story.”
Ok, before we continue with Moses and his story, I’m going to try to explain the facts so that you can understand.
- Woody Allen was accused of sexually abusing his 7-year-old daughter Dylan Farrow in 1992. The allegations of Farrow were investigated by the law-enforcement bodies and experts in sexual abuse, as reported by Los Angeles Time, but the prosecutor in Connecticut, where supposedly the incident occurred, though he had “probable cause” declined to press charges to spare Dylan the trauma of a trial. So there were no charges or trial.
In 2014, Dylan Farrow again brought the incident to light in public, by writing a letter in the New York Times accusing her father Woody Allen of having abused her when she was 7 years old. Farrow now 32 years, has spoken many times of this in interviews since the emergence of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements in Hollywood. Because of this, several actors have turned against the director, although there are others who still support him.
Woody Allen denied these allegations and told the Associated Press:
“The Farrow family is cynically using the opportunity of the Time’s Up movement for repeating these discredited allegations,” said the filmmaker in a statement to the AP in January, after Dylan gave an interview to CBS This Morning.
“I never abused my daughter – as all the investigations concluded a quarter century ago.”
- Moses Farrow was adopted by Mia Farrow when he was 2 years old, in 1980, and in 1992 was adopted by Woody Allen. Moses – who works as a family therapist and photographer – says that the “fatal dysfunction in his childhood home had nothing to do with Woody.” That their mother Mia Farrow abused physically and psychologically, him and his other 13 siblings, but to the public, she gave an image of the mother of a happy family.
- Moses spoke in his personal blog about the dynamic in their household when he was a child with his parents Mia Farrow and Woody Allen. He points out that Woody never lived with them or be left in the apartment at night, occasionally would go out for breakfast.
- Moses writes that “everything changed” in their home after Allen began a romantic relationship with the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow, Soon-Yi Previn, Woody married her in 1997, five years after separating from Mia.
“It was important for my mother to project to the world an image of a happy family mixed with adoptive children and biological, but that was far from the reality.”
“I’m sure my mother had good intentions in adopting children with disabilities from the most extreme circumstances, but the reality within our walls was very different. It hurts Me to recall instances in which I have witnessed brothers, some blind or disabled physically, being dragged away by the stairs to be thrown in a bedroom or a closet, and then (view it), close the door from the outside. She even imprisoned my brother Thaddeus, a paraplegic by polio, in an outdoor shed during the night as a punishment for a minor infraction.”
WTF? This seems like a HORROR movie… MOMMIE DEAREST!!!
- Moses alleges that Mia Farrow, the actress of the movie “Rosemary’s baby” – once “threw a huge porcelain center table at Soon-Yi’s head” and later “beat her with a phone.”
- Moses also says in his article that his sister Tam – who it is reported died at the age of 21 due to heart failure, actually committed suicide with an overdose of pills. Thaddeus, the paraplegic brother of which he spake before, committed suicide in 2016 and the other daughter of Mia, Lark, died of complications with AIDS in 2008.
- Moses says that Mia was abusive to him too, citing a particular incident where he claims that the actress “ pushed and hit in the chest” before calling him “pathological liar.”
- Meanwhile, Dylan Farrow is now 32 years old, goes on to accuse her father of abusing her in 1992, when I was 7 years old. In her letter to the New York Times in 2014, Dylan wrote details about an electric train that was kicking around in the attic when it happened – the alleged abuse.
- Well, in his post, Moses Farrow details his version of the facts, that August 4, 1992, by writing:
“It is an accurate narrative, and persuasive, but there is a major problem, there was no electric train in the attic. In fact, there was no way for the children to play there, even if we had wanted to.”
- Moses claims to have seen his mother Mia Farrow teaching Dylan what to say. At that time, Mia and Allen were in a bitter custody battle, which began after it was learned that Allen was involved romantically with the adoptive daughter of Mia, Soon-Yi.
“Terrified and dejected, I also did my part. I even wrote a letter condemning Woody, saying that he had done something horrible and unforgivable, and that he had broken my dreams,” he wrote. “I even read the letter to the media that gathered regularly in the input, (what I did) knowing that would win the approval of my mother. That public denunciation of my father remains the biggest regret of my life.”
- Moses writes in his essay:
“My father continues to face a wave of unfair attacks by my mother and her representatives, questioning for which they have been given a pass all these years. But Woody didn’t get a pass. All to the contrary.”
The son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, 40 years, concludes his post with a message to his mother Mia, and his sister Dylan.
“(Dylan) I wish You peace, and the wisdom to understand that devoting your life to help our mother to destroy the reputation of our father, it is unlikely that you will bring an end in any way durable.”
“(Mia) I guess that your next step will be to launch a campaign to discredit me for having spoken. I know that is what is coming. And it is a burden that I am willing to endure.”
- Moses Farrow has been publicly defending his father, Woody Allen since Dylan wrote her letter in the Times in 2014. He has been estranged from his mother Mia for years.
Dylan Farrow responded to this essay by Moses, on Wednesday afternoon, saying:
“As I already said the last time you made these accusations, this is an attempt to divert attention from a credible accusation made by an adult woman, and that is to put in question my mother, f she has done something it is supporting my brothers and me. (The accusations of Moses) are easily rebutted, contradicted years of statements of yours before, are especially painful for me personally, and are part of an attempt to broader discredit me and divert the attention away from my aggressor.”
Dylan also said that his brother Moses was a person with problems.
Ok… Woow! They should make a movie out of all of this, but at the end say who lies!! This is a complicated story, the daughter and the mother accuse the father of abuse, the brother says that the mother was abusive/manipulative and that the father never abused his sister. Honestly, it’s to stay … but then you start to think about all the details, did Woody actually molest Dylan? Mia accused Woody of having abused his daughter because he became entangled with his adoptive daughter? Who is telling the truth?